Sunday, May 28, 2006

More Recommended Firefox Extensions (and Themes)


Picture: What my Firefox looks like after installing all the extensions and theme below. See if you can spot any other ones;)

I recently "stumbled" upon an exciting article on extremetech: Fun With Firefox. The article recommends several interesting Firefox extensions and themes liven up our Firefox experience. I've managed to try some of the recommendations and here are my favourites:

Download Status Bar
Instead of an the download manager popping-up everytime we download a file, Download Status Bar places the download status in the Firefox status bar. Tidy interface and no annoying pop-ups make this extension recommended indeed.
Link

Colourful Tabs
I've repeatedly mentioned that I use Firefox's tabbed browsing to the max, having on average perhaps 6 tabs open at once. Colourful Tabs minimises the confusion of having many open tabs by colour coding each tabs. Smart!
Link

Google Preview
This is my most highly recommended extension. Google preview adds an image web-pages listed in Google and Yahoo search results. Extremely convenient as you could immediately see the web-sites you're searching for.
Link

Theme: Scribblies Kids
Scribblies Kids is a theme package for Firefox, replacing the standard layout and buttons with cute drawings of monsters and such. Terribly endearing and my current favourite "skin" for Firefox. Worth a try.
Link

Original article

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»