Friday, May 19, 2006

Share Knowledge with Squidoo


I found an amazing site today: Squidoo.

Think Wikipedia, but much less boring. In Squidoo, anyone can sign up and contribute articles of their expertise. I think contributors even get paid via paypal. There is a huge collection of extremely interesting articles in Squidoo, in many various topics from art to technology to medicine -- everything.

Popular topics are displayed in a "Tag Cloud" where the size of the link representing the topic increases in size based on the topic's popularity (urm, I think you have to go there to see what I mean).

Take this "lens" (what they call a group or collection of articles) on "Visual Thinking"

Make sure to check it out: Squidoo

Note:
I made comparisons to Wikipedia, but Squidoo is not an encyclopedia. It's more of a collection of interesting articles. Think of the articles in Reader's Digest.

No comments: