Thursday, May 04, 2006

Clinic in Corby

Yesterday, I went to a clinic in Corby (pictured above) with my respected consultant. Corby is a small town adjacent to where I currently work, renowned for being a "rough", industrial area.

I had to go there by taxi. The taxi ride turned out to be slightly amusing (read: scary), as the taxi driver was extremely talkative and I panicked when he suddenly started talking about how "rapists could hide behind tall trees in Corby"... (at that time we were driving in a secluded, foresty area).

It was a relief to finally arrive at the clinic, I stepped out of the taxi and made my way quickly without looking back!

Clinic with the consultant was fun (read: more like a tea party. I only had to see one out of the four patients who decided to turn up and ended up drinking cup after cup of tea with the consultant). We finished early and while waiting for the taxi to return, I went to the nearby lake to take pictures. Unfortunately the Sony Ericsson W800 had limited battery and memory so all I could take were these pictures. Note how the clinic looks like nothing special, but the surrounding area was marvellous. If I didn't have to return back to work I would have gladly stayed by the lake eating a packed lunch and feeding the ducks.

ps. I much prefer taxi silent taxi drivers than extremely talkative ones, so that I could concentrate on admiring the beautiful landscapes.
pps. The taxi driver was probably amused that I was taking pictures of the surroundings like a tourist from inside his car.