Friday, April 21, 2006

Pink Shirt Day

A few days ago, my fellow colleagues on the ward alerted me to the fact that today is "Pink Shirt Day" and we all have to wear pink shirts and ties to work.

Although slightly reluctant, I complied as, No1: I'm always game for laughs and no. 2: I wouldn't want to be the odd one out. (What is scary is that I have a pink shirt, MS bought one for me).

When I reached the ward, to my horror, my colleagues were wearing this:

Anything but *insert expletive of your choice*-ing pink! The PRHO [Picture: left, called James] was saying he was wearing pink, probably referring to the microscopic pink stripes on his shirt. The SHO [Picture: right, also called James] apparently didn't have anything pink.

It's ironic I wore pink not to be the "odd one out".

I have been a magnet for insults today!

So far I've gathered the following remarks:

"pinky"
"ooh you look pretty in your pink top today mynn"
"awww he's so cute in pink!!"
"Mr Pink Shirt"
"Cute"
"What a nice pink shirt!"
"you're so gullible mynn"
honey-something, I can't remember what

... and many other de-masculinising insults.

And the first thing Sarah said when I came back from work:

"Babah pakai tie pink!!


Two embarrasing events in one week! (refer to Bad Hair Day)

Thanks Paris and Nicole!!! (The PRHO and SHO or James and James look and behave alike. We call them "the twins", "the Hiltons", or more famously "Paris and Nicole").

Mental note: I AM NEVER WEARING PINK AGAIN!!! EVER!!!
Mental note 2: Have to do something testosterone charged and macho this weekend to redeem myself. Like cut wood, or change a tire or something.

13 comments:

Orangkilang said...

Hello Mynn,

Hmm pink.. oh god no.. I would never be caught dead wearing Pink!

That was one hell of an April Fools joke.. Hmm life in a hospital is very lively it seems. It seems nice that you are really enjoying things now. I remember when you used to hate it. That was when you moved from one department to another. Cant remember which.

Any way, the guys in your current department sounds mental! Are they by any chance taking care of mental patients?

i have just came back from having dinner with my sister and her husband. Had a good time. We were watching American Idol and the Gospel of Judas.. Hahaha.. both were funny.

In the middle of American Idol there was an ad for American Dreams, a movie spoof of idol. Sure hit one!

My sister was commenting about how nowadays there are many people who are converting from islam in malaysia. Any one hear anything about this? Any way, thinking of putting an entry about CeeVee as it is now four weeks old exactly today.

Regards

Anonymous said...

hehe.. pink shirt day? what a story... a pic of your must-be-really-pink tie in the end will make the piece perfect... hehe... have a great day!! :D

mynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mynn said...

O-K
yeah, ive been lucky the past 1-2 years as ive had really nice people to work with & ive made some really good friends. i used to really hate having to move places/departments, but once i'm at the new place, i normally come to enjoy it.

i guess because working in a smallish hospital, EVERYONE knows each other and everyone is friendly
[gossip also spreads fast]

xitayx
welcome back! ive thought of putting a picture of me in the shirt & tie but acted against it, pity, as you said it'd make the post more complete.
ive seen the latest picture you've put on your fotopages - good luck in your exams!

Anonymous said...

I got two pink shirt, never seem to bother me wearing them. I'm one of those ppl that adopt an anything goes atittude to fashion (i.e. dont give a damn).

mynn said...

heyyyy, show's you're very confident with your masculinity uncle de.
(confidence "buta" could be dangerous, my friend)

btw weekend ni buat apa??

Anonymous said...

i have to say, your PRHO and SHO do remind me of that group The Proclaimers.. the group that gave us the '500 miles' song. i think they're scottish twins.

('But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more..' ring a bell with anyone?)

yes, uncle de is fond of his pink shirts. but remember what happened when u wore the RED shirt and the RED tie yang? heehee..

mynn said...

what happened = dapat safya

Orangkilang said...

I have certain colours i prefer hmm let me see..

Blue, Black (not a colour some people may say), brown, grey, Yellow (ini uniform kerja..no choice one) and White.

Yeaps really dull colours.. Even my car I refused to buy red because not aligned to de soul hehehehe

So Ichi.. wear any colour you like. If the guys moan saying do why aren't you waering pink just say your underwear is pink.."wanna C dem?"

If they do... then when you do.. well just say "I wore em so long like yeah them have turned brown"

However, my ever wondering mind is asking.. why the first picture? Definitely not for the cup and glasses as the depth of field is large. We can see all the way to the back.. hmmm

Macho thing.... kalau ikut P Ramlee makan nasi sampai 7 pinggan.

Regards

mynn said...

i actually used my trusty W800 to take the photos, rather stealthily. I didnt intend for the first picture to be included, but i thought it'd be a nice "arty" way to show the ward and some people i work with (minus the patients of course -- that's illegal).

Anonymous said...

*still trying to shake off the pinky horror image*

Just kidding.

I have a friend who's REALLY averse to pink, even if we so much as only to mention the colour in her presence!

Mama Pongkey said...

I really would love to see the pink shirt pic :D

mynn said...

next time there's a "pink shirt day" KKL, i'll post you a picture.
I wanted to do something macho this weekend to raise my testosterone.

ended up cooking.