Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Senile Dementia

Sarah has been slightly unwell recently and has been more clingy than usual. Today while I was getting dressed for work, she stirred and woke up from sleep. She immediately cried for me to carry her downstairs so that she could watch her favourite DVD (currently Princess Mononoke).

After getting dressed and breakfast, I said goodbye to my wife MS & the little ones, and started my 1 hour journey to work. On the way to my ward I met some old friends and had a little chat, I also said my morning greetings to all the nurses my colleagues before heading to the locker room to take my jacket off.

Looking in a mirror in the locker room, I had the shock of my life: My hair was in a total mess. This morning I forgot to comb my hair! In retrospect, Sarah asked me to carry her downstairs while I was just about to comb, and I had become completely distracted.

I wondered why my wife didn't say anything about it.

I immediately phoned MS, "Bie, did you know I forgot to comb my hair this morning?!" In a fit of laughter, she answered "I thought you were experimenting with a new hair style again, like you did over the weekend." MS was referring to my hair experimentations over the weekend (read: lots of gel, Anime like hair but only for laughs and not for outside
wear!) "I thought it did look funny, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying your hairstyle is not quite right."

The conversation ended with bouts of laughter from her. I hurriedly tried to put my hair back into shape and putting a straight face, walked outside to the ward again. No wonder my friends and the nurses looked at me funny when I arrived this morning!

Talk about a bad hair day eh?

13 comments:

dith said...

I read Nisak's version at her blog and left a comment (unfortunately Nisak has enabled the comment section). Nisak wrote that she thought you were trying to look 'young" <==this sort of complements your previous 'itchy' entry, hehe

Anonymous said...

Ala muh , with my current hair, everyday is bad hair day for me...haha

Mama Sarah said...

did i really enable the comment section? aikkkk... kena check

mynn said...

Uncle de,
I used to think everyday is a bad hair day for me too ... until i found "product x" LOL

DITH
nasib baik tak jumpa PRHO tu this morning kan?:)

Anonymous said...

Still, better than those people who looks like they just rolled out of their beds and come to class! Hair sticking out and all, kalah orang kena karan.

Anonymous said...

urm crimson, i think "hair sticking out and all" and "orang kena karan" probably would describe what my hair looked like this morning.

like a "stage 2 super sayan" would also be near enough

another would be "macam naik kereta tak tutup tingkap"

Anonymous said...

i tak boleh na cakap apa, tgh sibuk gelak ni.. hahahahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Hehehe I remember some boys used to roll off their beds and come to class when I was in Uni, hair sticking out in the directions of the compass and siap dengan t-shirt pagoda and selipar jepun lagi.

dith said...

I pray that none of my kids fall into those sort of ppl who just roll out of their bed and straight to class...*shudder*

Anonymous said...

(with a hand raised) i have to confess, i have done the roll-out-of-bed routine, (tapi gosok gigi n basuh muka dulu la) but it was to go to work as a cleaner during my student days at WHSmith in cardiff queen street. it wasn't that obvious for me as i had my tudung on, heehee.. and it was at such uncivilised hours in the morning!

mynn said...

auntie de
I pun kerja part time jugak dulu at uncivilised hours (read 4-7am) tapi tak pernah tak mandi tau!

Anonymous said...

dont worry, i tak mandi pun wangii... haha (or so i wish!) and besides, i figured, baik mandi lepas doing all the cleaning rather than sebelum.
(sebenarnya alasan je tu, sejuk la mandi awal pagi!)

mynn said...

rumah you ke yang selalu heater rosak tu auntie de? hehehe

(dengan tak de air)