Sunday, April 23, 2006

Experimenting with Google Page Creator


I've had the chance to test Google Page Creator, and so far my impressions are very positive. Here is my homepage that I created in around just 10 minutes using Google Page Creator: http://mynn.zero.googlepages.com/home. The site is for experimental purposes only, and was done in a hurry so I'm sorry for any silly mistakes or garish colours.

I did not find using GPC at all difficult. The interface is similar to many WYSIWYG html editors and comes with a standard set of toolbars with icons for uploading images, creating headers, changing the layout of the site, choosing templates, text styles, paragraph justification and many others.

The interface is fast and it's surprising to think that all the editing was done over the internet as it almost seemed like I was using a program installed natively on my laptop.

However, there are a few minor bugs. There were times when the interface behaved bizzarely and I had to reload the page in order to return it back to normal. Despite that, I did not encounter any major issues.

If you are interested to build a website of your own, giving Google Page Creator a try is definitely worth it. I have a feeling it may be the next big thing...