Saturday, April 15, 2006

Our Long Weekend: Saturday in Nottingham

Today, despite overcast, did not dampen our spirits for a bit of adventure. We drove to Nottingham to Auntie De's family's house for a barbeque. Details of that could hopefully be found on Mama Sarah's blog soon.

As for me, I saw the garden where we had the barbeque being a big opportunity for a photography session. I was experimenting with the macro function and here is a collage of some pictures I like. I particularly like the picture of the bluebells as the colours are bold and striking. With the picture of the ladybird, I failed to capture a good one. I took 5 pictures, varying the distance and focus, but unfortunately the ladybird appeared out of focus in all of the photos.

Footnotes:
  1. I'm only using a 3.2 megapixel Sony Cybershot DSC P8 (the curse of being an early adopter!) I yearn for a DSLR.
  2. I'm currently learning to use GIMP, the opensource (and free) Photoshop equivalent. Unfortunately I have no Photoshop nor GIMP skills.
  3. If the photos seem nice to you, it's more the beauty of the subjects than my technique. If you want to see good technique, compositions and creativity, take a look at xYatx's photo gallery (I don't know her in "real life" but i don't think the author is using a DSLR).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... thanks for the credit and linking my page... honestly i still think i am very amateur, plus you are right - am not using dslr. good to know people enjoying the pics... regards! =P

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for visiting my blog. yes, i do check your fotopages quite often. i think you really a good eye for photography (interesting perspective, depth of focus, and beautiful colours) ... keep up the good work!

ps
i should learn better technique before buying an SLR

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. nursing home attorneys chipley florida Nokia unblocking software