Friday, June 16, 2006

Linux At Last!!


Finally, after several months of research I am finally 100% successful at installing OpenSUSE Linux on this computer! Muahaha:)

I am extremely happy. Infact, currently I am trying out the system: I'm writing this post with Performancing in Firefox but using Linux. At the same time I'm listening to mp3s using Amarok and just now playing DivX on a my Windows partitions worked without a hitch.

Yes!!

I've installed OpenSUSE on a 20Gb partition, and left Windows files untouched on two 80GB partitions and one 20Gb containing the Windows installation. Unlike last time I had absolutely no problems with Suse 10.1 and mostly no 200Gb data loss.

:) Next I just want to tweak the system until I'm happy with the settings.

ps
I recently bought SUSE Linux 10 Bible by Justin Davies et al. Published by Wiley 2005. I was reading this until 1am in the morning (despite being oncall).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Free antispam download review hotmail tramadol Bargain dvd camcorders breast augmentation winter park Baccarat store nyc Health and fitness convention in ca