Today I woke up unusually late and had to go without breakfast. The wards were also unusually busy and so I had to go without any lunch. Despite the hunger, I had to go shopping with the family straight after work as Amar and Sarah's bedtime was soon due.
As you could imagine, shopping on an empty stomach, everything on the shelf looked exceptionally tasty and I was grabbing for everything that was even remotely tempting. It wasn't a surprise that when I got the receipt:
The total was a whopping £101.07. A personal record!!
Learn it like a mantra my friends: never shop on an empty stomach, lest your wallet also becomes empty!
- If you want to make it more interesting, multiply the total by 6, and you'll get the equivalent in Malaysian Ringgits.
- If you look closely at the picture you'll notice most of the stuff we bought were food!
- If you look at the receipt, one of the items i bought was a dvd - it's King Kong two-disc edition for £10 (for Sarah *wink*).
- You'll notice there's also a "bug viewer" - heh heh heh - wait for an entry in Puan Mama Sarah's blog. Hint words - microscope, spider, science.
- The lady's skirt is not for me - honest! (or rather: onus!)