Friday, March 10, 2006

Top 10 Firefox Extensions



Originally, I planned to write a guide about my top 10 favourite Firefox extensions myself. However, I stumbled upon this article from InternetWeek titled Firefox Essentions: 10 Must Have Extensions and I thought the author had done a much more better job than I would have in writing the article and I just would like to get you guys to read the article and find the extensions you like.

As you all may know, Firefox is considered by many to be one of the best internet browser available right now, way better than internet explorer. Firefox is supposedly more secure and the tab function is nice, but my favourite reason for using Firefox is the ability to add extensions which are basically additional small programs you can download and integrate into Firefox as additional tools.

Here is a link that will take you directly to a summary of all the top 10 extensions.

Other extensions that are not featured, but are my favourites are:

Forecast Fox installs a tiny and unintrusive bar in the browser that displays the local weather. Always useful to decide when to finally get out for a breather from anime or web surfing sessions (hmm, do people still say "surfing" the web nowadays?)

All-in-one gestures allows you to go backwards and forwards from the current page by inputting mouse gestures instead of reaching for the forward and backward button (trust me, it saves time). You can also gesture other inputs like close browser, or open tab etc.

ps - A gesture in firefox is when you press the right mouse button and literally draw on the screen to execute a command instead of pressing a browser button.

ps 2 - click the Firefox picture above to download the latest version of our favourite browser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » »