Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sushi for Lunch

This morning I decided to give Nisak some quality time alone, and so had to look after the two little ones. Nisak went out to go shopping at our local retail park while I stayed at home for a change. Looking after the kids was a pleasure, Amar is as always quiet and behaved while Sarah asked me to play Miyazaki's Spirited Away again and again. I'm so surprised Sarah could like Spirited Away at such an early age. Her favourite part is definitely in the Boiler Room, with the small spider like soot creatures (she loves spiders!). She also loves the parts with the large creature got bathed and the huge baby.


While Sarah was busy watching DVDs, I was busy making them. I was still ever so frustrated this morning as my Windows XP decided not to work anymore and that means a reinstall. Thank goodness my DVD burner is still working. I'm currently busy backing up 80Gb worth of data and after that I will have the "pleasure" of reinstalling XP as well as ALLLL the drivers and programs I've lost. There goes my weekend ...

However, reinstalling XP also has it's advantages. For example, I may finally get rid of that persistent trojan/virus/whatever that's lurking in my PC. Also, I'm finally able to get rid of all the junk that's building up and clogging the hard disk. This reinstall I'm planning to:

1. Repartition my drive and allocate just 5Gb to system files (e.g. Windows etc)

2. I'm going to partition 5Gb and try Linux, yipeee, I've always wanted to try Linux.

3. The rest of the drive would be partitioned to my data files

4. I'm going to set 2 accounts: one administrator account and one normal. I'll be using just the normal account from now on so that viruses could not make system wide changes.

Even though a reinstall is never ever fun, at least I have something to look forward to at the end of it. After a reinstall the PC always seem to run that much faster, and everything just feels so fresh.

1 messed up house, 2 repeated runs of Spirited Away, 3 hungry people and 4 backup DVDs later Nisak finally got back home, and guess what she bought for me? hehehe ... a sushi lunch!

Ittadakimasu!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mama Pongkey said...

What a fun weekend. :) MashaAllah you guys make a lovely lovely family.
I am in the office. I am supposed to be analysing my mounds of data.. but eh, I just have to take a break before I go mad staring at images of fluorescent cells on a black background...
I have something to confess.
The other day after watching the Sushi video, me and Kak Waheedah decided we deserved a treat for working so hard, day and night. At the ungodly hour of 4.30pm (we normally go home between 6-9 pm, if we come in during the day) we stealthily put on our coats, made sure no one was around to 'kantoi' us, sneaked our way through the fire escape, and hopped on the bus to the nearest Yo! Sushi outlet.
It was absolute heaven! We had miso prawn ramen and er, I forgot what my rice dish was called. And sushi off the conveyor belt. Absolute bliss.
And we remembered to say ittadakimasu too!
Hehehe to make up for playing hooky we worked till 5am that day.
But oh boy was it worth it.

mynn said...

So far Sarah has watched Spirited Away 6 times already today! back to back, and we couldnt watch anything else on tv.
The windows reinstallation is underway ... so far so good. I'm typing all this on the fresh install. I'm trying to install all the drivers now. Cant wait to begin installing Linux. I think ill be trying ubuntoo linux. anyone has any suggestions for a better distro?
ps the sushi was totemo oishikatta desu.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Jacksonville plastic surgeons Audi 100 1990 wiring diagram fuse Gay asian tgp Long denim jackets volkswagen bora alloy wheels breast augmentation in brazil