Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A14 - Adventure on the way to work

I knew something was amiss when I saw a very rare sight on the way to work today, helicopters were hovering above! A few police cars sped past us and the traffic eventually stuttered to a halt. On this stretch of the A14 I was only around 15 miles away from my work place and desperate to get to work on time (as were, I'm sure, everyone else there).

An hour passed with no movement at all. People were stretching their legs and lorry drivers were chatting on the motorway. After 2 hours I began to feel desperate for the toilet and was already eyeing the bushes by the wayside, a tempting solution (but I was afraid if the traffic would start again while I was still "finding relief"). Bored of waiting, I just got my laptop out of the boot and managed to watch most of Princess Mononoke before the cars started to move again.

In the end the traffic jam lasted 4 hours (I arrived at work around 12 noon). Apparently there was an accident involving a lorry somewhere, but the wreckage was fully cleared when I passed.
Picture: the congestion as captured on my cameraphone. I was enjoying Princess Mononoke too much to be that bothered. Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remembered when Karak jam time cuti dulu. Me and Makdah was watching Big Fish on my laptop... she vomitted on the keyboard... man! A few weeks after that the laptop started to go hay wire.. Tried to do CPR and mouth to mouth to toucpad... nothing worked! Had to call it at 5.32 pm..sob sob.. Waiting for cheaper tech to come out before replacing.. BTW... I get my car tomorrow! Alhamdulillah.

Mama Pongkey said...

Heee...

I remember Orang Kilang driving along Karak as well but with me watching The Stepford Wives on dvd while trying to relay the story to OK... but had to stop as I got nauseous. I, however, did not vomit on his keyboard! :)

Can't wait to see The Car.

Anonymous said...

The new NAP came out yesterday.... however I dont think it will effect the price of my car that much as it says drop in 10% only for cars from other ASEAN countries as stated in the article below:

"The 5 percent tariff is for completely built-up vehicles brought in from any of the nine other ASEAN countries. For completely knocked-down vehicles, there is already zero import duty."

My car is made in the Malacca plant at Batu Gajah (what a name - Elephant's balls). So no such luck. However, will try to wrestle some discounts from the SA.

mynn said...

Is Orang Kilang who I think he is? Hey cool, didnt know you were reading:) it's nice to have a laptop in traffic jams as long as the battery lasts. I didnt mind the jam at all baru2 ni cos I was enjoying the dvd. however, rasa nak pegi toilet lah. I was seriously considering the bushes or a cup (hehehe), tapi takut kereta gerak.

Mama Pongkey said...

Yes Orang Kilang is who you think he is. Currently at rumah Ustaz. The Car, however, will only be available for pick up tomorrow... tgh psg leathers.. oh yeah!

mynn said...

wow, you guys have to post up pictures of the new car -- interior & exterior. leather seats huh? nice.

Mama Pongkey said...

The Car has arrived! Oh wow... OK spent 30 mins on his moblie telling me all about it!!!

mynn said...

kereta dah sampai? wow, show us pictures! best ke drive?