- With a budget of £500 (roughly RM 3500) which camera should I get? That budget needs to include AT LEAST a 18-55mm lens.
- The DSLRs I am currently looking at are: the Sony Alpha, Canon D350, Nikon D50 (at £500 would come with two lenses an 18-55mm and 35-200mm), Nikon D80 or Nikon D70. Any particular suggestions on which camera to buy that would fit into the budget?
- Should I get the camera in Malaysia or here in the UK? Some friends are coming over to the UK and they could help bringing the camera over.
- Any particular stores - either on the highstreet or internet with the best prices for the camera?
- What other equiptment would I need? My interests in photography include taking macro photos, buildings, travel photos, nature, food, portraits, people and children. (however, a macro lens would have to wait until next time I break the piggy bank :)
The best two so far I could come up with are:
- A Canon D400 with a 18-55 mm lens in Malaysia for RM 3599 (conversion rate is 7 nowadays, right?)
- A Nikon D50 in the UK with an 18-55 and a 35-200mm Nikon AF-S lenses is £500 in the UK.
- A Nikon D50 with one lens in Dixons is £377. But only one lens.
I would extremely appreciate your comments as I'm having a headache deciding what and where to buy. Once I reach a decision, I'm thinking of buying the camera as soon as I finish doing nights oncall (which is this Thursday).
I am so excited, and can't wait to buy the camera!
the £500 is a rough guide, I am willing to spend slightly more as long as the returns are worth it.