Monday, January 14, 2008

The past few months

So, just to include a much needed update to this blog. Please pardon the dust and cobwebs around the site! It may take me a few days to finish this post, so please bear with me.

I've been up to quite a lot in just the few weeks or months since my last update. It has been a fantastic past few weeks where; both Mama Sarah and I have each found jobs, Sarah is learning to read and write, I have been spending quality bonding time with Amar and Sarah, and it has been a time of reunions. On with the story!

So what have I been doing for the past few weeks? Read on;

1. Now that we are in Malaysia, I have been spending time to reacquaint myself with my family - especially the ones on the Sarawak side. It has been a shocking experience: members who I had last seen as babies are now in school and have become sophisticated complete with their own unique personalities. A cousin I last saw when she was cheerful, shyless at 10 years of age is now complex, layered and a teenager. I am meeting ten year old family members I had never before met. It feels to me as if I have traveled 12 years in the future and everything has changed with the times. It's shocking, yet a satisfying experience to meet them and for me to try and carve a niche for myself in their lives.

So far so good; there has been numerous outings, meet ups, photos, lunches, teas, movies and Facebook notifications with my cousins, aunties & uncles, and grandparents and even as I write, I am planning for more in the future.


Above: my cousins Zachary and Zee, who are both less than 10 years old. Sarah is quite enamored with Zee , I guess because Zee has really good interpersonal skills (i.e she's very friendly) and Sarah just looks up to someone who slightly more matured and graceful than her.

Below is a picture of my Nenek, who I see more often now that she's staying close.


2. Attending an old friend's wedding (by "old" I meant I've known her for a long time, not referring to her age in any way) & a reunion with my A-Level buddies:

Nik Shizalia looking elegant and matured and her wedding day.


I've never before seen an illuminated cake. Consider me -ehem- enlightened.


My old friends!!!!

3. Seeing Afar's newborn; Nur Aliyyah (name to be confirmed with Afar, sorry). A bit more pictures than the rest to show various angles of Aliyyah.










Above is the updated picture of the whole family - the latest member included.

4. Congratulating my brother Adan for his graduation and awards in Geomatic Sciences. Adan is now a working man and lives by himself. I'm proud to see how reliable and, dare I say it, matured he has become.




5. Fighting for the Nintendo DS with Sarah


6. Sunway Lagoon












7. Celebrating Nisa's 23 Birthday again, again. Twice!! (Once with Nisa's family, once with mine)


Mama Sarah's birthday cake - from my family


Birthday present

Amar happily singing happy birthday and clapping with everyone else.

The children were trying to stop Amar from blowing out his Mom's birthday candles.

13 comments:

Kiah Kardashian said...

congratulations on you and kak nisak's new job!! Biler nak singgah rumah??

Ajzie said...

Tahniah juga utk Mynn and Nisak for ur new job.

Heiii last year bukan kah nisak sweet 25..hihihi this year dah jadi sweet 23 plak...hihihii... Apa2 pun Happy belated birthday to Nisak.

nuhaafnan said...

terubat jugak rindu... :)

congrats to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Zakiah, No - thank you, for landing me the job. Insya allah , would love to visit thank you for the invitation.

ajzie
Nisak macam aging backwards pulak kan? I don't know how she does it.

anne
sorry - tak de internet connection nak buat macamana kan?? but thank you all the same :)

D said...

Looks like you guys are having a grrrrrreat time!!! Goody!

Jamil said...

That looks like a very expensive birthday gift. I can tell just by the way it glitters *laugh*

And was it really her '23rd' birthday? :P

pycnogenol said...

Mama Sarah - A belated "Happy 23rd Birthday."
May this be the first of many many more 23rd birthdays!!
I remember being HAPPY when I was 23.... ;)

pycnogenol said...

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS to Mynn and Mama Sarah. Dah kerja kat mana ni?

Ms. Angry said...

congrats for both of you.
I like the photo with Amar+Sony Vaio. Kecik2 dah pandai... cute!

dith said...

Mynn-

Happy to see that all's well with both of you. Having endless activities I see.

Please send my warmest wishes to Nisak for her birthday.

*still owe you a working shirt :))

dyanna said...

Congrats to the new arrival of a family member!

mynn said...

Dyanna
oh yes, i forgot you know my brother right? He seems to be enjoying his new job in Ampang. good for him!

DITH
it has been a long while! how are you guys nowadays?? eh, why do you owe me a work shirt?? It seems I have forgotten the deal...

Intan
yes, if Sarah hogs the Nintendo DS, Amar likes to hog the laptop to watch his favourite movies. susah babah dia nak buat kerja!

pycno
thank you for your kind wishes:) as for the place we work it's still kind of a secret here on the blog. but promise to tell you when you next see us in person;)

Hiyoshi
it was!! but nothing is too expensive for my Mama Sarah *laughs*. It's a good thing I didn't buy "her" another lens or iPod huh?

D
that's the best thing about being in malaysia; friends and family.

Anonymous said...

Good words.