So, just to include a much needed update to this blog. Please pardon the dust and cobwebs around the site! It may take me a few days to finish this post, so please bear with me.
I've been up to quite a lot in just the few weeks or months since my last update. It has been a fantastic past few weeks where; both Mama Sarah and I have each found jobs, Sarah is learning to read and write, I have been spending quality bonding time with Amar and Sarah, and it has been a time of reunions. On with the story!
So what have I been doing for the past few weeks? Read on;
1. Now that we are in Malaysia, I have been spending time to reacquaint myself with my family - especially the ones on the Sarawak side. It has been a shocking experience: members who I had last seen as babies are now in school and have become sophisticated complete with their own unique personalities. A cousin I last saw when she was cheerful, shyless at 10 years of age is now complex, layered and a teenager. I am meeting ten year old family members I had never before met. It feels to me as if I have traveled 12 years in the future and everything has changed with the times. It's shocking, yet a satisfying experience to meet them and for me to try and carve a niche for myself in their lives.
So far so good; there has been numerous outings, meet ups, photos, lunches, teas, movies and Facebook notifications with my cousins, aunties & uncles, and grandparents and even as I write, I am planning for more in the future.
Above: my cousins Zachary and Zee, who are both less than 10 years old. Sarah is quite enamored with Zee , I guess because Zee has really good interpersonal skills (i.e she's very friendly) and Sarah just looks up to someone who slightly more matured and graceful than her.
Below is a picture of my Nenek, who I see more often now that she's staying close.
2. Attending an old friend's wedding (by "old" I meant I've known her for a long time, not referring to her age in any way) & a reunion with my A-Level buddies:
Nik Shizalia looking elegant and matured and her wedding day.
I've never before seen an illuminated cake. Consider me -ehem- enlightened.
My old friends!!!!
3. Seeing Afar's newborn; Nur Aliyyah (name to be confirmed with Afar, sorry). A bit more pictures than the rest to show various angles of Aliyyah.
Above is the updated picture of the whole family - the latest member included.
4. Congratulating my brother Adan for his graduation and awards in Geomatic Sciences. Adan is now a working man and lives by himself. I'm proud to see how reliable and, dare I say it, matured he has become.
5. Fighting for the Nintendo DS with Sarah
6. Sunway Lagoon
7. Celebrating Nisa's 23 Birthday again, again. Twice!! (Once with Nisa's family, once with mine)
Mama Sarah's birthday cake - from my family
Amar happily singing happy birthday and clapping with everyone else.
The children were trying to stop Amar from blowing out his Mom's birthday candles.