Salams everyone. We've made it safely back to Malaysia. Thank goodness I do have an internet connection, although not very fast the connection is still adequate. Before I post about anything in Malaysia in my future posts, first let me tell you about our small excursion to Dubai.
Nisa planned our tip to Dubai for quite a few reasons:
1. To break up the 14 hour flight back to Malaysia into two equal parts in the hopes that it would be less stressful for the children.
2. To slowly acclimatise the children to jet lag.
3. To hyper-suffuse us with heat in Dubai - so that the heat in Malaysia would seem nothing
4. Shopping, of course ... and
5. Most importantly - to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary :)
It was excellent that in Dubai, we got to meet yet more blog friends. You guys may know them from Fly Me to the Padang Pasir. (an excellent and very funny blog). To be honest, I didn't know what to expect of them, but I was extremely pleasantly surprised that they were both EXCELLENT hosts and really222 took good care of us - thank you Zakiah and Mr Anon!!! We really can't thank them enough for all their troubles. Hopefully we had made as good an impression as they had on us.
Unfortunately our stay in Dubai was extremely short - only 2 days or so, and disappointingly I didn't really get to do much shopping in the supposedly "electronics heaven" as some people would call Dubai. I can attest that the prices of quite a few things there are cheap and that the buildings are cutting-edge and an architect's ...urm... dream come true (original description deleted).
If you guys would like to gaze at some more pictures of Dubai, plus written commentaries, do click here: My Facebook Album (Facebook account or registration not required).